When preparing a trip with your pet that entails air travel, ensuring a satisfied and secure flying encounter for 4-legged flier is your top rated priority. You have spent ample time researching the most pet friendly hotels that will finest suit your furry companion, but you are concerned about their comfort and security for the duration of the entire approach of flying. According to the American Animal Hospital Association, approximately 76 million cats and dogs travel with their owners each and every year and airports are beginning to take notice.
The following airports have made the most strides in pet travel by opening up designated regions for animals to take a potty break, get water, and stretch their legs. If your route involves any of these stops, these pet regions give a wonderful way to comfort and reconnect with your pet as soon as you get to your destination or whilst waiting for a connecting flight.
1. ipata : Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) We blogged about the grand opening of Hartsfield-Jackson’s off-leash dog park last month and we undoubtedly had to contain it in our list. The 1,000-square-foot totally-fenced Poochie Park involves flowers, grass, rocks, and benches to set the scene for dogs to sniff around, get a bit of physical exercise, and do their business. Getting the world’s busiest airport, it has observed its fair share of pets pass by means of and wanted to superior cater to their four-legged passengers.
2. Houston: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) Not only does George Bush Intercontinental have four designated pet areas, it also provides the only onsite kennel managed by an airline (Continental Airlines) in the United States. The kennel provides 1,100 square feet of space for runs and exercising pens, day kenneling, overnight kenneling, and grooming.
three. Philadelphia: Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) The PHL has 7 (count ’em, seven) pet relief areas that include things like a mulch surface, a bench, and a faux fire hydrant. Each and every fenced-in area ranges from 250 to 600 square feet and also incorporates a pet waste bag dispenser and trash can.
4. Phoenix: Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) The Pet Patch, the Paw Pad, and the Bone Yard are Sky Harbor’s three designated pet-friendly zones. These regions offer you a spot for pets to get relief, wander and sniff, as effectively as drink fresh water. Mitts for clean up are offered.
5. St. Louis: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) Fire hydrants are just one particular of the attributes at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport’s two outdoor pet rest places. Animals are allowed to play off-leash in the 400 square foot gated spaces and also include things like park benches, trash cans, and plastic mitts for cleanup.
six. Reno: Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RTIA) The “Bark Park” at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport was created to make pet travel a lot more easy. It delivers a restroom, fresh drinking water, and “Mutt Mitts” all under a canopy to protect travelers and their pets from the weather.
7. San Francisco: San Francisco International Airport (SFO) San Francisco International Airport offers two pet travel relief regions that are landscaped and totally fenced. They come equipped with drinking water, bowls, and garbage regions with “mutt mitt” dispensers. The locations are obtainable to passengers and their pets 24 hours a day.
eight. Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) LAX boasts two locations to make everyone’s pet travel companions a bit additional comfy. The Pet Park comes equipped with a dog house, plastic bags, and a trash can. There is a further pet rest area for comfort, despite the fact that pets have to be on a leash.
9. Honolulu: Honolulu International Airport (HNL) Travelers’ beloved companions get to “paws” in paradise at Honolulu International Airport’s fenced-in, grassy location below palm trees. Fresh water, plastic bags, and trash cans are accessible for service dogs, pets in transit, and working airport animals.
ten. Denver: Denver International Airport (DIA) Denver International has opened an exercising region exactly where pets can walk around and relieve themselves immediately after a lengthy flight. The space is enclosed and wheelchair accessible.
It’s amazing to see airports taking a page from pet friendly hotels and locating ways to make pet travel much less worrisome and considerably a lot more welcoming for each pets and their individuals. This trend is bound to continue, so verify in with the airports you’ll be traveling to and ask about their pet services.